Here is another Christmas card that I made recently. I used the spellbinders 3d vignette die and the Hero Arts my monthly hero kit for October 2018 for this card.
Well what a year 2020 has been. My friend and I have been making Christmas cards during the year to deliver to our local aged care facilities. In total we made 360 cards plus our own cards for family and friends.
We hope to do the same again next year except, I want to set myself a monthly target of 15-20 cards.
Here are photos of some of the cards I made. I apologise for the lighting in these photos as I didn’t have my equipment close at hand.
I created this cute card using the Uniquely Creative Polar Pals stamp set. I stamped the bears, and coloured them with copic markers. I then attached them to a shaker card that I made using the snowflake die. The sentiment is from the ton stamps sentiments strips.
This is the second card I made using the same stamp set and a circle sentiment die.
I made this card by cutting five poinsettia die cuts, I then glued them all together to create a stacked frame. I coloured one layer of the cut out pieces with Copic markers, then paper pieced them back into place. I then covered the cut out pieces with glossy accents and set the card aside to dry overnight. The card was finished by adding it to a lovely die cut background.
I just love this stamp by the Ton Stamps. I have water coloured the image and placed on an embossed background. The embossing folder is by Stampin Up. I also used a spellbinders hot foil die for the sentiment.
Here is a quick card that I made for my husband for Father’s Day. He loves Yoda, so this card went down a treat.
I am at home doing my bit for Social Isolation. This is a wonderful opportunity to play in my craft room. Here are some cards that I made in the last couple of days. Hope they inspire you to get crafty.
This is a box card I made for my Husbands Nephews Wedding. It is a simple design, I included a small envelope to place the money we gave the couple as a gift. I am quite happy with how it turned out.
Hello this is my final post showcasing the cards that I entered into the local show. I had lots of fun creating them. I hope you enjoy looking at them.
This card took many hours to make the cross stitching was something I had not tried on a card before. I was inspired to try it by the very talented Jennifer McGuire and her posts on her blog. It turned out really well and love the shaker card element as well
I love this Altenew cover die set.
A A This one is a clean and simple card using a Stampinup Dragonfly set and a Hero Arts sentiment
I made this one using the spellbinders 3d vignette circle die and the October 17 My Monthly Hero Kit.
I created this background using distress oxide inks. I love how they blend together so nicely. The stamp set I used is a Gina K stamp set , the seaweed and star fish are Gina Marie dies and the globe is a Paper Rose Die
I love how this box card worked out. I used a Tim Holtz Stamp set , the Tim Holtz Umbrella Man Die and a Memory box gear die
I created the background for this card using distress crayons. This was my first play with them. Although not your typical Christmas Card colours I quite like how it turned out.
This one is a Child’s birthday card using the Stampin Up Zoo Review stamp set and Memory Box grass border dies
I mentioned that I had entered some cards into the local show. I was delighted to find out that my cards had won several prizes including the prize for the best exhibit. Here are some of the winning entries.
This first card won first prize in the embossed cards section.
I made it using silver mirror cardstock and embossing the cardstock in four different Tim Holtz embossing folders. I then swiped the cardstock with black stazon Ink. I stamped and mounted a stamp it Australia Butterfly collage stamp. I stamped a second impression, coloured and fussy cut the butterfly and coated the butterfly with glossy accents.
The next card was entered into the die cut cards section. I won second prize for this entry.
I die cut the stained glass robin image six times, I glued one to my base card and coloured the die cut using alcohol markers. I then layered the remaining five die cuts on top of the original one being careful to line them up together. I then covered the section that had been coloured on the base card with glossy accents ensuring that it went to the edges of the die cut and set it aside to dry overnight. I then mounted it onto red cardstock that had a leaf die cut background on it.
I will post some more pictures of my other winning entries tomorrow.